Buying a home is not like buying a TV, a couch, or a car. There generally are no returns, no money-back guarantees and no extended warranties. In most situations, you won’t be able to change your mind and sell your new home and break even – even after five years. Instead, the purchase of a home is a rather important long-term decision. Still, some buyers of Phoenix Arizona Homes ask the question: Do I need a real estate agent to help? Here are a few questions to ask and some advice you should receive from a knowledgeable real estate agent to help you make a great home-buying decision:
- Planning for the Purchase – How much should I put down? Who can help me with financing? How long is a typical escrow period? Will my close of escrow change if I buy a short sale or if I build a home? How long is the inspection period? How do I build my negotiating power before I write a contract?
- Knowledge of the Local Market – Searching the Phoenix MLS for Phoenix Homes for Sale is just part of the process. Equally important is understanding the Local Market. What are the local schools like? Are we near a superfund site? What are comparable homes recently sold? Who can help me paint, install carpet or make other repairs?
- Finding That Special Home – Where can I find that perfect floor plan? Are there homes available that are not in HOAs? We really would like a diving pool, not a play pool, is that possible? Are there homes that allow horse privileges?
- Troubleshooting Challenges That Arise – What happens when the seller needs a new roof? We love the home and our appraisal came in low—what’s next? The seller is a bank and is not going to fix the holes in the wall, should we cancel?
- What Are the Best Deals in Town? – Is this home a good deal? What are typical costs for real estate transactions in the Phoenix Real Estate market? A great real estate agent knows what a good real estate transaction is for their market. Knowing the market is a key to knowing what kind of home a buyer may be able to purchase and what fees are typical. A good agent also knows where to find the best properties and floor plans.
Are you ready to get started finding that special home? Our Phoenix AZ Realtors can help you with all these questions and much more! Contact us at www.ThompsonGroupAZ.com or 480-776-5214 today!