The day is here! You need to move and get your home sold ASAP. The next step is to find a real estate agent and get the marketing process started. In marketing your home, the concept is simple: the more exposure you get for your home, the more potential buyers you reach and the faster the sale and higher sales price. However, Seller beware! Some agents may not have a marketing plan and some agents don’t really understand how to use that marketing plan to get buyers through your front door to make a decision to purchase your home. Here are a few points to consider:
- Does the Marketing Plan Focus Local and Worldwide? Our Phoenix market typically receives about 40% of buyers from out of state – the other 60% are local. Recently, our team got a call from another state about one of our listings. The buyer, who happened to have cash for a purchase, found one of our listings on the internet. Unable to find a local real estate agent, the buyer called us directly to purchase the home. The buyer said, “Your home is beautiful.” While our seller took credit for the beautiful home, we took great pride in showcasing the home with our elite marketing plan.
- Does the Marketing Plan Focus on Presentation? The internet has huge potential to market our listings, but also is very risky. While allowing agents to showcase a home’s best features, the internet can also make a home look bad. Buyers have many homes to choose from on websites and if a buyer does not like your presentation, they will not schedule a showing. When photos show homes that are cluttered, need paint, have small rooms, and are dark, buyers are going to eliminate these homes. When an agent and the seller have focused on the presentation of a home, the home entices a buyer’s interest to see more of the home by scheduling a showing.
- Does the Marketing Plan Focus on Details of the Home? The Phoenix MLS allows home owners and agents to add lots and lots of features to their listings. Important upgrades such as granite counters, RV gates, energy efficient upgrades, cul-de-sac lots, vaulted ceilings, etc. are very important to buyers. Many buyers will search for these important upgrades on the internet through Bing, Google and other search engines. Every time a buyer searches for features, and finds your home, the buyer is likely to want to see inside your home.
- Don’t Forget Traditional Advertising. With iPhones, tablets, and many other tech devices, it may be easy to forget the traditional advertising. However, traditional advertising is still very successful for attracting buyers. Newsletters, Just Listed notices, and color flyers are still huge for getting the attention of buyers. While younger buyers under the age of 30 will start their search for a home on the internet, many older buyers will start their search with the newspaper or from items received in the mail. On a daily basis, many Phoenix homes for sale can be found in the local paper.
A great marketing plan includes aspects of all these items and many other ways of getting buyers to see your home. Remember, the name of the game is exposure, exposure, exposure. Do you have more questions? Do you want to learn more about this or other ways to get the most money from the sale of your Home? We can help! Contact us at (602) 753-0177 or info@ThompsonGroupAZ.com.